Today is the day!
GOOD MORNING PHILIPPINES,
TODAY WE’LL WRITE HISTORY!
By Manny Piñol
This is the day we all have been waiting for, the day when the people will use their ultimate power to chart their and their children’s future.
This the day we elect our “leaders” who will preside over the affairs of the state for either six years or three years.
There will be desperate attempts to influence voters, threaten them, buy their votes or even cheat.
I have been receiving a lot of text messages and reading a lot of articles in the social media about the alleged prepared ballots favouring administration candidate Manuel Roxas.
Of course, I am concerned but I look at these warnings as a strategy to also discourage voters of Rody Duterte from going the polling precincts and to intimidate local political leaders not to switch sides to Duterte.
Today is the day to decide
I will go to the polling precinct in Kidapawan City this morning and cast my vote for President, Vice President, a few senators and only a few local candidates.
But I am prepared to do whatever it takes to protect the sanctity of my ballot.
Here are a few things I would like to share with other voters:
1. Please make sure that when you shade the name of Rody Duterte, you shade the circle before his name, not after his name. If you shade the circle after his name, the vote will be credited to Manuel Roxas. Please see image instructions in this post.
2. Please check the receipt showing the names of the candidates you voted for. If there is a discrepancy, immediately call the attention of the Board of Election Instructions (BEI) and make sure that your complaint is included in the minutes of the voting.
3. Please call the hotline numbers published in this page and ask for help and guidance.
4. Please download a prepared affidavit and go to the precinct with a ready copy. In case there is a discrepancy, fill up the affidavit and have it notarized later. If indeed there will be cheating, we will be needing those affidavits.
5. Most of all, go the voting precincts very early and bring with you a little food, bread maybe, and water.
Remember, our vote will determine what kind of country we will have and what future awaits our children.
Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!
May God bless us all!
2,711 total views, 1 views today